Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about roll off dumpster rentals and other questions related to the industry. We will update our Frequently Asked Questions page regularly.
- Q: How long is the standard roll off dumpster rental?
- A: Our standard rental period is 14 days, however if you need to keep the dumpster longer, there will be a $10.00 a day charge for our 15 yards and $15.00 for our 30 yards each additional day.
- Q: What if I don’t need the dumpster for the full rental period?
- A: You can just call or text us and schedule an early pick up. We are typically available the next day for any pickups, if you need another one dropped we will be glad to do so.
Drop offs/Pick ups
- Q: How soon can a roll off dumpster be delivered?
- A: Depending on availability, we usually try to deliver within 24 hours.
- Q: Do I need to be home when the roll off dumpster is delivered?
- A: No, we do not require you to be home. All our paperwork needed for delivery can be completed before we deliver the dumpster. Just give us a detailed description where you want the container dropped, and any other specifications you wish us to adhere to.
How to put the Junk in the Trunk
- Q: How high can I fill the dumpster?
- A: The dumpster cannot be filled past the top of the sides, because the landfill charges if we are unable to tarp down the load. Even if it’s not heavy, it still needs to be secured, because there are safety issues.
- Q: So, how do I know if my load will be more than the included tons?
- A: Most household items, normal trash and debris will be under our complimentary two ton limit on our 15 yards. This includes remodels, demolition work and most scraps. When you load the bin or dumpster with just dirt and/or concrete it usually surpasses the two ton limit. Roofing shingles or other heavy materials such as rock or granite can also add to the weight causing some overage fees.
Junk Removal Services
- Q: How much are your full service prices?
- A: Full loads begin at $450.00, although this price can go up if additional equipment is needed, such as a tractor or skid loader.
- Q: How long does it take for a full service/full load haul off?
- A: JEMS can typically fill up the roll-off container in around two hours if there is no demo involved.
- Q: Do I need to be there to supervise?
- A: Absolutely not. You’re hiring us to be able to take it easy and get a day off, but if you would like to be present, pull up a chair and drink a cold one while we cater to your needs.
- Q: What if equipment is needed to pick up and load the junk?
- We have an amazing rental relationship with a heavy equipment rental agency. If this is an option for you, we can discuss pricing for your individual needs; however if you have your own equipment you wish for us to use, we are licensed and can operate most machinery.
- Q: How much do you charge for a 15 yard rental?
- A: We have a flat rate fee of $300.00 for a 14 day rental. When the load is over two tons, there will be an additional $50.00 per ton fee added, because we get charged extra by the landfill.
- Q: How much do you charge for a 30 yard rental?
- A: We have a flat rate fee of $500.00 for a 14 day rental. When the load is over six tons, there will be an additional $50.00 per ton fee added, because we get charged extra by the landfill.
- Q: When is payment due?
- We do require all payments paid in full when dropping off. The overages for additional tons will be calculated after we have dumped at the landfill and know what the weight is.
- Q: What size dumpsters do you have?
- A: Right now we have 15 yard and 30 yard dumpsters.
What to do with unacceptable waste / hazardous waste.
The following is a list of materials and places to help make it easier for you to determine where certain items go.
Amarillo Industrial Waste is very helpful and can direct you where to go to safely dispose of hazardous waste. Chemicals, bleach, cleaners, pesticides, etc. are all classified as hazardous materials.
Refrigerators, freezers, A/C units, etc. have freon in them, making them hazardous. Amarillo Metals Company and Amarillo Salvage will actually pay you to take these off your hands. This means you can get rid of junk and make a little side money while doing so.
Equally, oil is entered into this category as well. It is considered to be unacceptable and hazardous. Fire stations in town have a white bin outside of the facility indicating that you can dispose oil there.
Because used car and/or machinary filters often contain oil residue, they need to be disposed of properly as well. Toot’n Totum car care centers will take these off your hands at no additional charge.
Used batteries can be taken to Battery Joe for compensation.
Although this list of frequently asked questions is not in entirety, we will be adding more to the frequently asked questions page as they arise.
This list is to help our customers and is not exclusive to just these waste items or these materials/companies.
Pink Bins and Pink Truck
Who in town owns the pink bins or the pink trucks? That would be us! J. Etheridge Management Services.