Q: What can/cannot be placed in the dumpster?
|ACCEPTABLE MATERIALS||UNACCEPTABLE / HAZARDOUS MATERIALS|
|Asphalt Roofing||55 Gallon Drums|
|Cabinets, Windows & Doors||Acid|
|Carpet & Flooring||Appliances|
|Concrete, Brick, Rock & Stone||Batteries|
|Fixtures||Gasoline, Propane, Flammable Chemicals|
|General Household Trash||Explosives|
|Piping||Motor Vehicle Parts|
|Lumber, Siding & Drywall||Tires (additional fee, separated at the dump.)|
|Wiring||TV’s and Computer Monitors|
- Q: How long is the standard rental?
- A: Our standard rental period is 10 days. If you need to keep the dumpster longer, there will be a $5.00 dollar a day charge for each additional day.
- A: We also have a 24 hour special if you don’t need the full 10 days.
- Q: What if I don’t need the dumpster for the full rental period?
- A: You can just call us and schedule an early pick up. We are typically available the next day for any pickups.
- Q: How high can I fill the dumpster?
- A: The dumpster cannot be filled past the top of the sides. The landfill charges if we are unable to tarp down the load, so even if it’s not heavy, it still needs to be secured.
- Q: How soon can a dumpster be delivered?
- A: No later than 24 hr from service call, depending on availability.
- Q: Do I need to be home when the dumpster is delivered?
- A: No, we do not require you to be home. All our paperwork needed for delivery can be completed before we deliver the dumpster. Just give us a detailed description where you want the container dropped, and any other specifics.
- Q: How much does the dumpster rental cost?
- A: We have a flat rate for local drop off and pick up at $300.00 for the first 2 tons. Additional tons will be charged at $35.00.
- Q: How much are your full service prices?
- A: Full loads begin at $450.00. This price can go up if additional equipment is needed, such as a tractor or skid loader.
- Q: How long does it take for a full service/full load haul off?
- A: JEMS can typically fill up the roll-off container in around two hours if there is no demo involved.
- Q: What size dumpsters do you have?
- A: Right now we have 15 yd dumpsters but we are looking to expand our fleet to accommodate the needs of the Amarillo and the surrounding areas.
What to do with unacceptable waste / hazardous waste.
- Amarillo Industrial Waste is very helpful and can direct you where to go to safely dispose of hazardous waste. These include, but are not limited to: chemicals, bleach, cleaners, pesticides, etc. They accept wet paint. If mixed with dirt and dry, JEMS can haul as part of the normal services.
- Amarillo Metals Company and Amarillo Salvage will pay for most items containing freon, such as: refrigerators, freezers, A/C units, etc.
- Amarillo Fire Department has white containers to dispose of oil.
- Toot’n Totum car care centers will take used car filters.
- Battery Joe pays for most used batteries.
- Bio Cycle and Steri/Cycle will take untreated medical waste
This list is to help our customers and is not exclusive to just these waste items or these materials/companies.